The Dallas Mavericks were cruising along leading by double digits well into the third quarter.
And then a similar fate bit Dallas big time.
Once again, as shown the previous night against the New York Knicks, the Mavs turned the ball over at crucial times, and they failed to resemble a team capable of rebounding the ball with any type of consistency, at least at this point in the season. Dallas allowed Charlotte to come back and win in overtime 101-97.
This is the first time that Dallas has ever lost to the Bobcats. The Mavs are now 16-1 against Charlotte.
A 9-0 run by Charlotte late in the fourth quarter helped them be able to tie the game at 91 heading into overtime. Charlotte then outscored the Mavs 10-6 to steal a victory away that Dallas thought they had.
The Mavs led 91-87 with under 30 seconds to play. Dallas allowed former Mav Brendan Haywood to get an easy and-one dunk. He missed the free throw and Charlotte got the rebound and scored to tie the game.
Dallas, who has been outrebounded on the offensive glass by 55 so far this season, will try to snap this two-game losing streak when they return home to face the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday night.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Handle Charlotte Bobcats, Win Home Opener
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Falter in Second Half, Lose to New York Knicks
- Gameday Preview: Dallas Mavericks Start Home Portion of Schedule Against Charlotte Bobcats
- Dallas Mavericks Finish Preseason 4-4 After Win Against Charlotte Bobcats
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Survive Second Half to Beat Toronto Raptors, Win Third Straight
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mn5