The Dallas Mavericks couldn't overcome a dismal shooting night as they lost to the Minnesota Timberwolves 90-82, despite a late rally.
The Mavs shot about 36 percent from the floor, and that wasn't going to get it done against a team who shot 46 percent from the floor. What makes that even worse is that the T-Wolves were also missing key players.
Minnesota came into the game missing four key players, including stars Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio. Nikola Pekovic left the game when he turned his ankle in the third after scoring 20 points in 28 minutes. Add insult to injury as the T-Wolves were already missing five players for this game before Pekovic went down.
But that still wasn't enough to propel the Mavs to victory. They simply did not shoot the ball well against this depleted Minnesota team, and they still got outrebounded 49-35.
The Mavs are now 4-4 after a 4-1 start. Things don't look as good as they did when the season started. Reserve forward Elton Brand stated that the Mavs 'aren't as good as they were before, but aren't as bad as they are now." Dallas will have to start turning things around on Wednesday against the lowly Washington Wizards, a team Dallas should throttle.
But as this season has already indicated, the NBA is unpredictable.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Gameday Preview: Dallas Mavericks Still Without Shawn Marion as They Return Home to Face Minnesota Timberwolves
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Once Again Falter Down Stretch, Lose to Charlotte Bobcats for First Time
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Falter in Second Half, Lose to New York Knicks
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Survive Second Half to Beat Toronto Raptors, Win Third Straight
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Handle Charlotte Bobcats, Win Home Opener
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/mr0