The Dallas Mavericks played a spectacular second half, and survived a fourth quarter run to squeak by the New York Knicks 114-111.
Dallas gets revenge on New York for losing to them at Madison Square Garden earlier this month.
Perhaps the MVP of this game was 35-year-old Vince Carter, who hit big shot after big shot. Carter scored 14 of his 25 total points in the fourth quarter.
The Mavs also slowed down Knick forward Carmelo Anthony. He had 23 points but had a tough shooting night thanks to the defense of Shawn Marion, who wasn't in the lineup for the Mavs' first matchup with New York. Marion defended Anthony admirably as he tried to tie to game late in the fourth quarter.
This was a big win for Dallas, as they move to 7-6 on the season. Being able to survive a run and close out a New York team with the NBA's best record could be a big stepping stone and confidence booster for this new Mavs team.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Falter in Second Half, Lose to New York Knicks
- Gameday Preview: Dallas Mavericks Try to Rebound from Friday Night Loss Against the New York Knicks
- As Dallas Mavericks Prepare for New York Knicks Friday Night, Ex-Mavs Tyson Chandler and Jason Kidd Reflect on 2011 Mavs Title Team
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Withstand Rally, Beat Lowly Washington Wizards
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Once Again Falter Down Stretch, Lose to Charlotte Bobcats for First Time
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/n2r