The Dallas Mavericks had a fresh batch of confidence after Wednesday night's impressive win over the New York Knicks at the American Airlines Center.
All that went out the window Saturday night as the Mavs got run out of their own building by the Los Angeles Lakers before the first quarter even ended. The Lakers ended up handing the Mavs their worst loss of the season, 115-89.
Dallas shot just 37 percent from the floor, and Darren Collison and Chris Kaman had very rough nights after contributing in a big way in Wednesday night's win.
The Mavs fall back to 7-7, alternating wins and losses for over a week now. Dallas has lost six of nine since a 4-1 start.
All around it was a very tough Saturday night for the Mavs. The Lakers were hitting all of their shots, and the Mavs weren't. O.J. Mayo played great defense on Kobe Bryant at times, but the Black Mamba still hit tough shots.
Dallas must throw this game out the window and get ready for a tough back-to-back on the road starting Tuesday against the Philadelphia 76ers.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Pull Away from Portland Trail Blazers, Move to 3-1 on Young Season
- Gameday Preview: Dallas Mavericks Try to Rebound from Friday Night Loss Against the New York Knicks
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Get Revenge on New York Knicks
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Withstand Rally, Beat Lowly Washington Wizards
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Put Away Scrappy Cleveland Cavaliers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/n62