The Dallas Mavericks never led in Wednesday night's game against the Los Angeles Clippers, and when you don't lead, you don't win.
Dallas continued to have turnover nightmares, committing 22 turnovers resulting in 26 Clipper points. When you do that against any team, you will lose.
When you do it against the Clippers, you lose in horrific fashion. Dallas lost by a final score of 112-90, and the Mavs have now lost five road games in blowout fashion.
Los Angeles threw lob after lob against Dallas, getting out in the open court after many of the Dallas turnovers, and the Clips turned them into highlight reel dunks. The job was done mainly by Blake Griffin in DeAndre Jordan, and Lob City was out in full effect.
For the Mavs to get better, they must stop the turnovers. There is no other option, and they will keep getting throttled not only by the Clippers, but by most teams if head coach Rick Carlisle doesn't find a way to stop the mistakes.
They have a chance to right the ship tonight against the 7-12 Phoenix Suns.
The Suns are trying to avoid their first five-game losing streak in 11 months, while Dallas is trying to improve its ugly road record of 2-7.
Dallas will also look to get more offensive production from some key players. Derek Fisher and Vince Carter had good offensive games Wednesday night, scoring 15 and 16, respectively. Carter continues to have a good year shooting the ball, while teams begin to show more defensive attention to O.J. Mayo, who struggled Wednesday night scoring only 11 points on 4-12 shooting.
Thursday night's game tips around 9:45 PM CT, and it can be seen on national television on TNT. It can also be heard on 103.3 ESPNDallas.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Gameday Preview: Refreshed Dallas Mavericks Take on Los Angeles Clippers
- Gameday Preview: Dallas Mavericks Look to Bounce Back Against the Chicago Bulls
- Gameday Preview: Dallas Mavericks Try to Rebound from Friday Night Loss Against the New York Knicks
- After Losing to Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks Show Promise on Offense, but Need to Improve on Defense and Turnovers
- Dirk Nowitzki and Rodrigue Beaubois Out of Tonight’s Preseason Game Against Phoenix Suns
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/nkn