The Mavs and Raptors get together in Toronto for their second of two matchups this season. Dirk Nowitzki still hasn't played a game all season for the Mavs, but they have hovered around .500, currently at 11-11, and are eighth in the Western Conference.
For the Mavs, O.J. Mayo has assumed the role of scoring leader, currently pacing the Dirk-less Mavs at 20.9 points a game. He has shot 48.9 percent from the field and is currently the NBA's best three-point shooter.
But one of his problems, really his only issue, have been the turnovers. In Dallas' double-overtime loss against the Boston Celtics on Wednesday night, Mayo turned the ball over nine times, part of the Mavs' total of 28. He seemed to have trouble with the Celtics trapping on defense, constantly picking up the dribble and not being sure what to do with the ball after.
However, Mayo scored the tying bucket that forced each of the two overtimes, but he also played almost 52 minutes.
"I wasn't tired at all," Mayo said.
The game can be seen on Fox Sports Southwest and heard on the radio on 103.3 ESPNDallas. The game will tip around 6:10 PM CT.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Gameday Preview: Dallas Mavericks to Be Without Four Players Against Toronto Raptors
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Survive Second Half to Beat Toronto Raptors, Win Third Straight
- Gameday Preview: Dallas Mavericks Visit Boston Celtics, Old Friend Jason Terry
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Withstand Rally, Beat Lowly Washington Wizards
- Gameday Preview: Dallas Mavericks Try to Rebound from Friday Night Loss Against the New York Knicks
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/nvi