On the strength of the young Dallas Mavericks backcourt, with O.J. Mayo and Darren Collison finally starting to play up to their potential, the Mavs cruised to their third straight win, a 113-98 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Dallas got great performances from their pair of 25-year old guards, with Mayo scoring 20 points and Collison scoring 23 points.
More importantly, Collison showed his ability to lead this team, not too long after gaining his starting position back from Derek Fisher, who left the team to attend to family.
Mayo posted seven rebounds and nine assists, and Collison also had nine assists. A problem for most of the season, those two guys, along with the rest of the team, limited the turnovers, only committing 10.
Dallas also had 33 assists, showing signs that the players are starting to mesh with Dirk Nowitzki, who is still rounding into form. There seems to be more flow to the offense recently, and that shows with the low amounts of turnovers in recent games.
The Mavs will try to continue the winning streak on Wednesday night, when they take on James Harden and the Houston Rockets.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Snap Six-Game Losing Streak
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Survive Second Half to Beat Toronto Raptors, Win Third Straight
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Snap Three-Game Losing Streak
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Put Away Scrappy Cleveland Cavaliers
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Lose Double Overtime Thriller to Boston Celtics
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/oui