The Dallas Mavericks put up a valiant effort, but nobody was going to stop Kevin Durant, as he paced the Oklahoma City Thunder with 52 points to win their sixth straight game, while also putting an end to the Mavs four-game winning streak.
Durant actually did not have his best game from the field, only hitting 13 of 31 shots. He did most of his damage from the free throw line, hitting a perfect 21 of 21.
Vince Carter poured in a season-high 29 for the Mavs, as he kept his team in the game for most of the night. Dallas entered the fourth quarter facing a nine-point deficit, but Dirk Nowitzki and Elton Brand combined for 22 points to bring the Mavs back. O.J. Mayo hit a heavily contested 3-pointer to force the extra frame, where Durant took over and closed out the win for the Thunder.
Russell Westbrook scored 31 points to support Durant.
Dallas is now 1-8 in overtime this year, and, more importantly, sit four games out behind the Portland Trail Blazers for the last spot in the Western Conference's final playoff seed.
The Mavs take on the Orlando Magic Sunday evening in Orlando.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Lose Double Overtime Thriller to Boston Celtics
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Falter in Second Half, Lose to New York Knicks
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Continue Slide, Lose to Minnesota Timberwolves
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Once Again Falter Down Stretch, Lose to Charlotte Bobcats for First Time
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Lose a Tough One to Philadelphia 76ers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ozv