Dallas did cough up a 13-point fourth lead, but a big three by Darren Collison put the Mavs up five with under a minute to go in the game. Orlando answered with a three, but after a jump ball between Vince Carter and Jameer Nelson, won by Carter, the Mavs finished the game by converting on free throws from Dirk Nowitzki and O.J. Mayo.
The Mavs are now 18-24, sitting just three games behind the Western Conference's last playoff spot, currently held by the Houston Rockets and Portland Trail Blazers, both tied for the spot and both on current losing streaks.
Shawn Marion tallied 20 points and 10 rebounds, as he was one of seven Mavs in double figures.
Dallas now gets an extended break, with four days off before their next game, Friday night against the San Antonio Spurs.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Gameday Preview: Dallas Mavericks Try to Extend Winning Streak to Four Games
- Frustrated Dallas Mavericks are Losing Games They Should Win and are Severely Underachieving
- After Loss to Indiana Pacers, Dallas Mavericks Now 5-5 After 10 Games Heading into Saturday Night’s Matchup Against Cleveland Cavaliers
- Gameday Recap: Dallas Mavericks Lose Another OT Thriller, This Time to Kevin Durant’s 52 Points
- Dallas Mavericks Forward Shawn Marion to Miss the Next Three Games
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/p2g